Documentary Films. Some of Kevan and my most collaborative efforts were on documentaries where we could combine our music and sound design sensibilities together. Here are some of the documentary films we worked on over the years.
The Autism Enigma
The Autism Enigma is a film that looks at the progress of an international group of scientists who are looking for clues to this baffling disorder. Written and produced by Marion Gruner and Chris Sumpton for Cogent-Benger Productions as part of CBC’s “The Nature of Things with David Suzuki”.
Recorded, edited and mixed at Rhythm Division with music by Kevan Staples.
Something About Mary Magdalene
Intriguing and captivating documentary film about the life and legacy of Mary Magdalene. The film was produced by Ellis Entertainment for Vision TV.
It was recorded, edited and mixed in 5.1 at Rhythm Division. The original music score for the film was composed by Kevan Staples. Written and produced by Marianne Kushmaniuk. It was directed by Harvey Crossland, and the executive producer was Kip Spidell.
Additional Documentary Projects
- Audio supervision and mixing on Mysterious Ruins: Cape Breton, a 1 hour documentary exploring the history of the ruins on Cape Breton Island. Based on the novel The Island of Seven Cities by Paul Chiasson. Airing on the History Channel.
- Sound design, music editing and mixing on The Baby Human, a 6 part documentary series for the Discovery Channel.
- Music recording and editing on 1 hour documentary film Angry Girls, the story of girls in gang culture, for Bishari Films.
- Sound design and mixing for Love Interrupted, a documentary film produced by Alison Armstrong for CBC Television’s Doc Zone.
- Music editing on Flightpath, a 52 episode television series about aircraft produced by Screenlife.
- Sound editing and mixing on “One World, One Vision” a documentary film directed by Chris Terry for Vision TV.
- Recording, editing and mix supervision on “Profiles of Nature”, long running wildlife documentary TV series Produced by KEG Productions.
- Editing and mixing on the documentary film “Hydro”, produced by Stornoway Productions.
- “Nature of the Beast”, 12 episode wildlife doc for EllisVision.
- Music editing, sound design and mixing for “Mother Nature”, 26 episode children’s TV series for Ellis Entertainment.
- Music editing on “Niagara” a 2 hour documentary film produced by Screenlife.
- Music editing on “Deadly Seas” a 2 hour documentary for the History Channel.
- Editing and mixing, “Healthcare in Crisis” a documentary film for Stornoway Productions.